Wednesday 4 July 2012

Taking On The World

Last Thursday I was fortunate enough to have been the guest of a competition winner to see an exclusive live set of Gun at the Hard Rock Cafe, Manchester. I can report that the gig was excellent and I enjoyed the experience greatly. It was a promotional event to publicise the new Gun album Break The Silence. The show was a cutdown unplugged session, with 3 acoustic guitars, 1 bass and the smallest drumkit I have ever seen consisting of about 3 drums and a few cymbals.

Tagged on to the new material was 3 classic Gun tracks which transported me back 23 years. The music is surprisingly fresh and not as dated as you might expect, and I have listened to the album Taking On The World heavily since the concert.

For the iPod generation I can recommend Better Days, Taking On The World, Shame On You, Steal Your Fire and the classic Cameo cover of Word Up.

Thanks again to Gun, Real Radio XS and Hard Rock Cafe, Manchester for a great night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment