Monday 2 April 2012

I am the Resurrection


My wife and our best friends said goodbye to Azeroth 6-9 Months ago, they had all grown tired of the roller coaster ride that is World of Warcraft. Cataclysm was so wrong on so many levels and the tired and weary just put away their wands and staves and never looked back.

We have rarely spoken about WoW since and only briefly in passing. That was until this weekend. An opportunistic approach from one of my guild mates, took the opportunity by scouring Facebook to find inactive guild members who might be wanting to comeback to the game via the Scroll of Resurrection.

At first I was slightly annoyed that somebody should contact my wife in this way. I wanted to be the person to benefit from the Scroll of Resurrection not some random guildy, and besides I never expected my wife to be interested in playing again.

The questions about the game and installing on her new laptop, playing over wireless, 64 bit operating systems and 64 bit clients. I offered to set it up for her and then in a flash the moment was gone. I had pushed to hard and too fast. The interest had been extinguished, however there is an glowing ember and I will tease a months subscription out of her I am sure, but it will take time and until then its definitely slowly slowly catchee monkey.

So what is in the scroll of resurrection? and how do I go ahead and get hold of one?



Step 1 - Send Invitation

Send your friend a Scroll of Resurrection email by clicking Send Invitation. You may also invite a friend via your World of Warcraft in-game friends list or guild roster.

To receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the FAQ.

 Step 2 - Resurrect Your Friend

When your friend accepts your invitation and returns to WoW, he or she immediately receives the following FREE rewards for ONE character:

· Character boosted to level 80 - limited time offer
· FREE upgrade to Cataclysm
· 7 FREE days of game time
· FREE character move to your realm and faction so you can play together


Step 3 - Earn Rewards
When your resurrected friend pays for at least 30 days of game, you receive your choice of the following FREE rewards:


Or


So do I qualify, here is the FAQ


Are all countries eligible to cast the Scroll of Resurrection?

To send an invitation an account must be a full active account in good standing. Only residents of the following countries may send a Scroll of Resurrection invitation: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine and United Kingdom. Battle.net registration required. Register at www.battle.net at no cost to you.

UK - yippee, one down
Who can be sent a Scroll of Resurrection?

To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have a full (non-Starter Edition) World of Warcraft account, and their account must have become inactive on or before March 4th, 2012.
If your friend’s World of Warcraft account has been inactive since December 2009 (or longer), your friend must first associate their World of Warcraft account with a free Battle.net account before they can receive a Scroll of Resurrection. Tell your friend to see our Battle.net Account FAQ for information on creating a Battle.net account and merging their WoW account. After your friend has set up their account, you should be able to send them a Scroll of Resurrection normally.


OK - here, lets hope my wife is better at following instruction than I am

Can I resurrect one of my own World of Warcraft accounts?

If you have at least one active World of Warcraft account, you can send your inactive accounts Scroll of Resurrection invitations.

N/A
How long is the Scroll of Resurrection invitation good for once I send it out?

Your friend has 30 days to accept the invitation. The offer will expire if not used within that time.

Slowly Slowly Catchee Monkey - I have 30 days but the E-mail will trigger alarm bells.
Is there a limit on the number of Scroll of Resurrection invitations that I can send out?

There is a limit of one Scroll of Resurrection invitation per day per World of Warcraft Account on both the web and in-game. This makes an effective limit of 2 Scroll of Resurrection invitations per day per account if you use both sending options. There is no limit on the number of lifetime Scroll of Resurrection invitations that an account can send.

N/A
Can I invite someone who has never played before with a Scroll of Resurrection?

Scroll of Resurrection can only be used on players who once had active World of Warcraft subscriptions. For a similar offer for friends who have never subscribed to World of Warcraft, please see the Recruit-A-Friend FAQ.

Yes, so lets proceed.



Damn, I need to log into my Battlenet account. It will have to wait till I get my hands on my Authenticator.

No comments:

Post a Comment