I want you to want me, this is not some desperate plea on my behalf, but is a reference to the current Reputation grind, that is making lot of people hot under the collar. Cataclysm was a big failure as an expansion and the overriding complaint was that there was not enough to do at max level.
MoP is the polar opposite, with more new features than ever before and a bucket load of dailies to accompany the long reputation grinds. Ultimately we have ended up with the game we all wanted to see, but this has confused many people who see everything as a challenge that must be completed.
- Level to 90
- Max out Primary Professions
- Max out Secondary Professions
- Achieve minimum of Revered with all Factions
- Obtain all the best gear and patterns from the Quartermasters
- Gem and Enchant your gear
- Transmog your gear so that it looks amazing again
- Keep your farm up-to-date for the Spirits of Harmony
- Complete the New Scenarios
- Complete all the 5 Man Heroics
- Plunder the LFR once a week for gear upgrades
- Start Normal Raiding
- Cap your Valor points for the week
- PvP for some high octane griefing
- Do Pet Battles for relaxation
- Obtain as many Achievement points as possible
- Purchase as many mounts and pets as possible
- Level the next alt
- Start the sequence again
The Godmother has synthesised the alt levelling process, which The Grumpy Elf devised and I have tried to refine.
- Jade Forest main storyline (unless you want to the optional extra hubs)
- Skip Valley of the Four Winds and Krasarang Wilds
- Summit of Kun-Lai
- Townlong Steppes
- Dread Wastes at level 89 (Can be quite challenging at times)
An alternative to doing Dread Wastes at level 89 is waiting until you hit level 90, then buy a complete set of PvP gear and the whole process becomes so much easier. I have noticed a huge reduction in the time it takes to kill mobs, and my hunter struggles to get a Kill Shot off in time, now that mobs are committing Hara-Kiri.
The stat inflation on gear is as rampant as ever, and the quests have changed from quite challenging to the equivalent of skipping through the forest and picking wild flowers. Multiple mobs can be handled easily and Elites can soloed by my pet whilst I skin some beasts and complete the daily quest objective. Why do the gear stats need to grow so quickly and make the content superfluous?
On a lighter note, the Tillers now love me and so does Lorewalker Cho. I just need the rest of them to want me.