Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy Xmas (War is Over)



"A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear
And so this is Christmas
For weak and for strong
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong
And so happy Christmas"
 
John Lennon
 
Happy New Year everybody. I am going to start by making an apology. I do most of my blogging and WoW reading whilst at work, it's a terrible habit, but I have some periods of inactivity at work and periods of high octane running around like a headless chicken. My role is similar to that of the emergency services, and I am the insurance policy against things going very wrong, which has the potential to shut the plant down for hours and days at a time.
 
The Christmas holiday meant that I got very behind in my reading and I choose to read the news before attempting to read the personal blogs. The result was a very unintentional shadowing of the Godmother including the same titles, same comments on English/American spellings and content. I would like to apology to the Godmother because this was not intentional and it was only apparent to me when I started to read her blog.
 
Christmas is a busy time in the Flinston Household, and along with the usual Xmas and New Year revelry I have my birthday in between, and my son's birthday early in January. On Christmas day I was charged with cooking for 8 Adults and 6 Children. The menu included:
 
  1. Turkey wrapped in bacon
  2. Honey Glazed Ham
  3. Roast Potatoes
  4. Roast Parsnips
  5. Pork and Chestnut Stuffing
  6. Hundreds of pigs in blankets
  7. Steamed Brocholi, Carrots and Cauliflower
  8. Brussels Sprouts, fried with Lardons and Chestnuts
  9. Cumin Roasted Vegetables with Chorizo
  10. Gravy
  11. Cranberry and Apple Sauce (not together)
I was more than happy with the results but next year I will need another oven to accommodate all the roast vegetables. I feel that in Real Life I have move than deserve the "Master of the Way" title.
 
After Lunch I was a little surprised at the number of Tablets that appeared on peoples laps. Of the 14 people only 5 were deficient in this new technology. On show were 3 different devices, the I-Pad, The Kindle Fire and the Kindle HD Fire. After my son's imminent birthday we will have 2 Kindle Fire, and 2 Kindle HD Fire for a family of four.
 
I had no idea I would make such use of it, and I am still discovering new ways to utilise this little gadget on the move. Without it I would still be catching up on my WoW reading all this week. One other advantage is the ability to play WoW Videos, at work they have a policy of no video streaming which is fair play, because it kills the network bandwidth.
 
I don't think that Angry Birds is going to supersede World of Warcraft, but I am looking forward to watching all those films on the Love Films subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment