It's been a hard fought battle but I am now starting to get some gear for my characters. My Hunter is now equipped with iLevel 481 and between Operation:Shieldwall, the Kirin Tor Offensive and the Shado Pan Assault, I am able to improve my gear every 2 weeks. I am currently doing the LFR raids that I can get into purely for the Valor points becasue the gear is worse than I already have. LFR is the dumping ground for the Elder Charm of Good Fortune (yes very funny Blizzard), which are acquired in large numbers from Island of Thunder.
I am still sporting 2 items of the Blue variety in the shape of Shoulders and (no points for guessing) Weapon (Gun, Bow or X-Bow, I don't care I am not fussy). I have heard people talking about Sha weapons but I have no idea what these are, and where Blizzard have hidden all the good stuff.
|Is it possible to have one weapon for an entire expansion?|
I have started my research to investigate the whereabouts of this missing arsenal, and I will start at the list compiled at WoW Hunters Hall. I have copied the list here for ease of reference.
Epic (purple) quality ranged weapons
- Taoren, the Soul Burner ilvl 509 gun. Drops from Lei Shi in heroic Terrace of Endless Spring.
- Fang Kung, Spark of Titans ilvl 502. Drops from Will of the Emperor in heroic Mogu’shan Vaults
- Taoren, the Soul Burner ilvl 496 gun. Drops from Lei Shi in normal Terrace of Endless Spring.
- Fang Kung, Spark of Titans ilvl 489. Drops from Will of the Emperor in normal Mogu’shan Vaults
- Taoren, the Soul Burner ilvl 483 gun. Drops from Lei Shi in raidfinder Terrace of Endless Spring.
- Flintlocke’s Blasthammer ilvl 483
- Fang Kung, Spark of Titans ilvl 476. Drops from Will of the Emperor in raidfinder Mogu’shan Vaults
- Klatith, Fangs of the Swarm ilvl 476 bow. Dropped by Raigonn in Gate of the Setting Sun
As for the Legendary weapon, I seem to be so far behind and so far in front at the same time. I envisage having to do a lot of duplication to catch up. I only have half of the Sigils needed to get past the early stages at a time that I am almost exalted with Kirin Tor Offensive.
One option would be to PvP for a weapon but WoWhead seems to be very confusing on the matter.
If anybody has any ideas please let me know.