Saturday 23 February 2013

Use Your Illusion


12 Months of blogging under my belt. My first post was exactly one year ago 23rd February 2012 and rather than the usual, "hello I am Dwarf Hunter and I have been playing World of Warcraft for x number of years", I went straight into a preamble about the night after a weekly reset.

What was more interesting was the second post which was a moan about Reputation Grinds especially the one that was required for shoulder enchants. Shoulder enchants might well be supplied by Scribes these days but the requirement for Reputation grinds is even worse now than it was then.

Right now World of Warcraft does not have the hold on me that it once did. I have not got the time to join the Guild on their twice weekly Raiding nights, due to my wife working late, and my children staying up later. There is also an issue with the game and the lack of support for Alts, which is really starting to test my patience in the game.

Today is not about my woes with the game, it is to do with this blog and the people that take the time to come and visit. I have made more of a splash than I ever expected and that is very much due to the early push by the Newbie Blogger Initiative.

I would like to thank everybody who got involved in the NBI project and the subsequent people who have visited and left comments. Special thanks go to the Grumpy Elf, the Godmother, Navimie, Tobold, and MMO Melting Pot, for their support and encouragement.

One of the most important parts of gaining readership numbers is through link love, and we are browsing through the daily WoW articles and have exhausted them all, but are still hungry for more, we will click on these links and have a peek. Sometimes we move right on, and other times we will devour all the posts they have ever written. I consider it an honour that people would even bother to link to my blog and for those people I am eternally grateful. Special mentions go to the Grumpy Elf who generates a lot of traffic and more recently I was bestowed a link from Blessing of Kings. Long time supporters include Healing Mains, Toys of Azeroth, The Poison Mushroom, Beyond Tannhauser Gate. Maybe they all just added me during the NBI and then forgot to remove my link, anyway big thanks.

One last thank you before I go, to all the people who have left comments over the year, it would be nice to have a few more, but I always appreciate it when people make the effort. Without feedback it is very difficult to improve.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you all for another year.

5 comments:

  1. and a big thank you to Harpy's Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday.

    Don't fret about comments, they come and go.

    I find comments odd. Sometimes I post something hoping to get a comment to see what someone else thinks and see a big fat goose egg but other times I post something that is just babble and come on to 20 posts. People are strange. ;)

    Keep up the good work. I enjoy stopping here when I have my reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit late on commenting, I'm so slack these days with comments, as I mainly read blogs on my phone anymore. Just wanted to say gratz on the one year mark, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Kaozz, better late than never.

    ReplyDelete