Wednesday 17 October 2012

Livin' On A Prayer


 
"Whooah, we're half way there
Livin on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it - I swear
Livin on a prayer"
 
Bon Jovi
 
Ding! yes, I finally made it and yes, I am very embarrassed that it took so long. Hitting the level cap is not half way there, it is really just the beginning and to be brutally honest I am not sure what to do next. I tried to carry on doing quests in the Townlong Steppes, but my heart was not in.
 
I logged onto my Elemental Shaman and did not have the heart to do more than a handful of quests. I really wanted to level my Death Knight. Death Knights have always been a good levelling quest and I have been able to level through WotLK and Cata by facerolling across my keyboard, but now I am started to feel the love, they are tough, resilient and able to dole out the damage.
 
I deliberately made my Death Knight and Paladin herbalists. The idea of these butch plate wearing classes stomping around Azeroth, and then stooping down to pick wild flowers really tickles me. I currently need to gather tons of herbs for Inscription and Alchemy, and in particular I am looking for Golden Lotus to use in the transmutation process to get my Jewelcrafting research completed. My characters create a symbiotic relationship, which is why I need to level them all at the same time.
 
Options for my level 90 Hunter are Tillers, and completing all zones. I have yet to get my flying ability re-instated and I will probably complete the Lorewalker Reputation because this can be done in less than an hour and then I can stop worrying about it. It is the idea of nibbling away at the reputation and not going at it like a bull in a china shop. The Godmother explained it way better than I can, and with so much content to consume I am amazed that the next patch content is on the PTR. Do we really need more content so soon after an expansion? Knowing Blizzard it could still be months before it is completely tested and ready for release.
 
I am planning to streamline my levelling experience by incorporating some of the recommendations by The Grumpy Elf. I agree that Krasarang Wilds, adds nothing to the levelling process, and if anything you should be trying to get to the Kun-Lai Summit as soon as possible. My levelling slowed down and I became weaker as a consequence of out levelling the Krasarang Wilds. Kun-Lai offers more bang for your buck and the gear rewards are suddenly worth swapping your epic raiding gear for.

Elunamakata made a good point about questing to level and then questing for gear and questing for Dailies, it all seems to be a little daunting at this stage. Eluna also talks about questing courtesy, and I met one of these idiots last night. He was determined to beat me to all the quest items in Townlong Steppes, and after starting one of the totems to raise the strange Mist Creeper dudes (they look like one of the disguises used by the bad guys in Scooby Doo), he decide to let me do all the work killing the adds. I have no problem doing the quest solo but don't sponge off my efforts.

If it wasn't for you pesky kids....
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 90.

    I hate those types of people, was actually going to make a post all about "them" today but got side tracked with so much more.

    I say take your dailies in doses when you start, there are a lot and you will be doing them a long time. No need to rush it unless you really want gear. Klaxxi should be easy to get to revered so if anything do that one first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I still have no idea what I am doing and there are so many options to choose from.

    I will try Tillers and Klaxxi for now and see where that takes me.

    ReplyDelete