Friday 21 December 2012

It's The End Of The World As We Know It


Ok, I know the Godmother beat me to this post, but riffing on musical titles is what I do. As I write this post there is currently only 1 hour until December 21, 2012, 11:11 UTC. Just in case you are wondering what all the fuss is about, today is the end of the 13th Baktun, which by happy coincidence falls on the Winter Solstice and the shortest day of the year for the UK.

Anything to do with the number 13 seems to send people into irrational responses, hence the reason why it is recognised as an official phobia - Triskaidekaphobia. 13 is associated very closely with lunar activities, with the moon moving 13 degrees around the earth every day.

I personally have grown up with the Friday 13th horror movie franchise. Oddly they have only made 12 but I guess there is still time for another slasher movie to be made (unless the world really does end today).

 
In Azeroth, time has been moving very slowly indeed. I have substituted the grind of levelling for that of Reputation. All my crafting skills have been maxed out and eventually I want to get the useful crafting recipes that are currently hidden behind Reputation Quartermasters. The aim was to get to Revered and obtain the Commendations for improved (double) the reputation for all characters. This will make Shado Pan and Klaxxi incredibly easy just by completing the quests in Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes. The Tillers can be levelled by harvesting alone (110 rep per crop).
 
At the moment I am on the cusp of achieving my target with both Operation:Lionshield, the Golden Lotus and the Klaxxi. After this I hope to complete all the scenarios and maybe even venture into the Heroic Dungeons.
 
Anyway I got distracted whilst writing this post, and it is now safely past the time of the Apocralypse, so it is ok to go back to your shopping and don't max out those credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment